Need Toilet Repair or Installation Services? We’re the Crew to Trust Throughout Naperville, Aurora & More
Do you have a toilet (or multiple) in your home that is leaking, running constantly, clogging up a lot, or has some fixture on it that’s broken? If so, this can lead to some frustration. Most of the time in these cases, homeowners just cut off use to the toilet altogether. Which is inconvenient enough, but then there’s always a case or two of someone using it without thinking. And then you’ve got even more mess to deal with.
Fortunately, whatever your toilet-related issues are, we can help.
How Can I Prevent Toilet Issues?
It may feel like many toilet or plumbing issues are unavoidable, but the truth is that there are things you can do to minimize the risk of experiencing problems. Using mild cleaners (rather than those harsher chemicals) when scrubbing the bowl can make a difference. And calling in a plumber at the first sign of trouble (rather than putting it off) is definitely the right way to go, too.
We also recommend doing a quick study of your toilet’s components, then performing brief inspections a couple of times a year. That way, you’ll be more likely to spot an issue before it turns into a bigger problem.
But one of the best tips for keeping your toilet running well? Watch what you flush! You should NOT be flushing the following down the toilet.
- Cooking Grease/Food: When grease cools it will congeal and clog up the drains – whether in the bathroom or the kitchen. Instead of dumping it, collect it in a glass jar or mug and, when it cools, throw it away in the trash can.
- Tampons/Feminine Hygiene Products: These don’t break down, but rather expand in the pipes, increasing your chances of experiencing clogs significantly.
- Baby Wipes/Wet Wipes/Cleaning Pads: Many of these claim to be flushable, but don’t actually break down. Play it safe, and avoid tossing them in the toilet altogether.
- Dental Floss: Floss does not break down and can cause serious clogs.
- Cotton Balls: Cotton balls actually clump together and expand in your pipes, rather than break down. And if they end up in the bend of the pipe, you’ll really have an issue.
- Diapers: Diapers are designed to expand when wet, so as you can imagine, they won’t fare well in your pipes and are bound to clog things up.
- Paper Towels/Tissues: Many assume paper towels and tissues will break down like toilet paper because they seem so similar in texture, but the truth is they don’t. Which means flushing them can lead to big problems.
Good rule of thumb? If it’s not TP or, well, you know… don’t flush it.
Ready for a New Toilet?
So, maybe your toilet isn’t broken at all, but it’s time for an upgrade. You could be adding a bathroom, renovating your current one, or building a new home. Whatever the case, we’d be happy to get the job done correctly, so that you don’t have to stress down the line.
Don’t Put Off Care – Call Today
The longer you put off resolving your plumbing-related problems, the worse the issues are likely to get. Schedule an appointment with our licensed crew, so you can put your worries aside for good. We’re professional, honest, and always take your unique concerns to heart. Give us a call at 630-978-9696 or book online today!