Get an Added Layer of Protection With Our Quality Back-up Sump Pumps
The majority of time, your primary sump pump will provide you with top-notch protection from water damage, empowering you to stress less about your basement flooding. That said, there are a couple of reasons why it might fail. Battery back-up sump pumps provide an extra layer of insurance in these scenarios, so that, should your primary sump pump either shut down or find itself unable to combat an extra heavy rainfall, your basement won’t wind up with tons of damage.
How Do Battery Back-up Sump Pumps Work?
Your back-up will be installed in the same pit as your primary one, meaning no extra holes will need to be dug. How do they know when to turn on? Well, they’re set up so that their sensors are higher than the primary’s. Meaning, if all is well and the primary pump is getting the job done, they won’t turn on. But if that sensor is hit? Well, that’s their cue to get to work.
Once water levels lower back down, the sensor will deactivate, and the back-up will turn off, so that the battery doesn’t wear out or die prematurely.
What are some of the biggest benefits of battery back-up sump pumps?
- They’re affordable and relatively quick to install.
- Your home will have an extra layer of protection from water (and you’ll have more peace of mind because of it).
- They’ll still work during a power outage, since they function off of a battery. This isn’t the case with primary sump pumps.
- They take some of the stress off of your primary sump pump, should water levels get too high or overwhelming.
- Some are equipped with an alarm that warns homeowners when the back-up is running. This way, you’ll be alerted right away that there’s an issue with the primary one.
- Additionally, some can alert you when the battery level is low or if the system is experiencing an issue, so you can invest in repairs right away.
Our Recommendations for Back-Up Sump Pumps
We offer several choices of battery back-up pumps with various ways to customize them, including wet cell batteries, AGM maintenance-free batteries, different controller options (including WiFi enabled controllers), and more. Questions? Give us a call today at 630-978-9696 – we’d be happy to help you out!
My Primary Sump Pump Works Great… Do I Really Need a Back-up?
Is your primary sump pump in tip-top condition? Even still, a back-up system is recommended, as primary options need electricity to operate and won’t work if the power is out. Just think – some of the biggest causes for outages are big rain or thunderstorms, and that’s when you need a working sump pump the most!
Not to mention, even the best-running and most well-maintained appliances fail from time to time. If you ask us, it’s not worth taking any chances, especially when it comes to keeping your home in good condition.
We’re Honest, Up Front & Timely
We’re straightforward about the care we offer, and we’ll always do everything to work with your unique needs and stay within your desired budget. Along with sump pump services, we also offer outside spigot repairs, gas line installation, back flow (RPZ) testing, bathroom fixture installation, and lots more.
Ready to equip your home with the quality protection it deserves? Please reach out at 630-978-9696 today, or book online to get started with our certified and licensed crew.