Is Hard Water Causing Strain in Your Household? Ask Us About Installing a New Water Softener
Does your tap water not taste great? Are your clothes becoming worn in the wash? Do your skin and hair seem dried out? Are your dishes covered with strange water spots? These are just a few of the many problems caused by hard water in the home, and it can be frustrating and tiresome trying to find various ways to combat these issues separately.
If there was a way to solve all your hard water-related issues at once, wouldn’t you take advantage of it? If your answer is yes, then it’s time to ask our team about getting your Saltless Nuvo H2O Water Softener installed as soon as possible.
What Does a Water Softener Do? How Does It Work?
What makes water more or less hard in the first place has to do with the amount of minerals that are present in it. The more minerals in your water, the harder it will be, and the more issues you’ll experience because of it.
Your water softener works to remove these potentially harmful minerals before the water is used in your home.
How are the minerals removed? Through a process called ion exchange. Essentially, once the water enters the water softener, it flows through a series of resin beads, all of which are filled with a sodium ion. These beads then take the harmful minerals (like calcium and magnesium) out of the water, and release the sodium ion back into it. The “new” water is then sent back into your pipes and into your home.
How Does Hard Water Impact My Household?
We’ve gone over a few ways hard water can impact your home (and those in it) above, but here’s a full rundown of the many problems it can cause. If you experience any of the following, a new water softener may just make all the difference.
- Hard water can damage your pipes. The harder your water is, the more likely you are to experience buildup in your pipes and sewer system. This can trigger damage, creating harmful clogs, and decrease your home’s overall water pressure significantly.
- Hard water creates scale buildup in appliances. The more buildup your appliances have, the shorter their lifespans will be. Dishwashers, ice machines, washing machines, and water heaters are all examples of things that are affected by hard water.
- Hard water causes clothes to wear down quicker. If you have hard water, your clothes are bound to come out of the wash looking dingy and stiff. Meaning you’ll be using more laundry detergent to try and balance things out. Sometimes, discoloration can occur, too.
- Hard water is bad for your dishes. Noticing streaks and stains on your dishes after they come out of the dishwasher? That’s due to hard water.
- Hard water isn’t great for your skin and hair. When it comes to maintaining healthy hair and skin, plenty of moisture is key. Hard water provides the opposite effect, leaving your hair and skin dry and itchy.
- Hard water affects your drinking water. Unless you’re ready to invest in a full-on filtration system, the water from your taps isn’t going to be ideal for drinking if too many minerals are present in it.
- Hard water costs you money. All of the things mentioned mean spending more money to try and combat the ways hard water impacts your home. This includes buying new appliances sooner than expected, purchasing soaps and beauty products, stocking up on laundry detergent, investing in plumbing repairs, installing water filters, and more.
Trust Our Honest & Knowledgeable Crew
Finding a team that checks all the boxes isn’t always so easy. Either they’re super efficient, but lack personalized service, or they’re up front and friendly, but don’t have the skills to back up their values.
Fortunately for folks in Naperville, Aurora, and all of their surrounding towns and cities, we offer the best of both worlds. We’re licensed, certified, and insured, ensuring we truly know our way around your plumbing system, and pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service that always takes your needs and budget into account.
For the quality care you deserve, call us at 630-978-9696 or book online today.
You’d better believe that our plumbing services include everything we need to know about fixing leaky pipes.