Water heaters tank or tank less? Which one is for us?
SUMMER IS ON THE WAY!
BEST QUESTIONS to ask yourself BEFORE purchasing a new water heaters.
- How many people will be using the water in our house and for what purpose? Take a quick mental inventory of how many people shower, do laundry, and overall usage.
- What kind of money can I spend? Do you have a budget of what you want to spend now, what you can afford later, or do you have repair money set aside.
Here are some quick facts about TANK Water Heaters:
- Cost is lower– the tank price & the installation is almost half the cost of a tankless
- Replacement- tank heaters are not as complicated and less costly to replace.
- Bills are higher– Your water utility bill to get the water heated and then reheated can increase.
- Space constraints- tank water heaters are bigger
- Hot water can run out- Sometimes when you have multiple people showering, many loads of laundry, and the dishwasher running all at the same time you can run out of hot water. Solution: Go back to the first 2 questions about usage and purchase a bigger tank heater but know that means more cost.
- Lifespan– tank heaters last 10 to 15 years.
Here are some quick facts about TANK LESS Water Heaters:
- Long term cost is lower – Depending on how many gallons you use the energy you are saving makes the cost lower. Up front cost is higher averaging $2800- $4500 installed which depends on manufacturer and installing company.
- Changing from tank to tank less can increase installation costs.
- No space constraints –Installation in smaller places and even outside.
- Hot water quickly – On demand hot water gives 2 to 3 gallons per minute.
- Lifespan –Tank less heaters last almost 20+ years.
GREAT INFO: BUT HOW DO I CHOOSE?
- GO BACK TO THE 2 QUESTIONS ABOVE: What were your answers?
Got the money upfront, have a large family that need a lot of hot water fast and more often? GO TANK LESS Heater.
Got a small family or it is just you with a limited income. GO TANK Heater.
WE CAN HELP WHEN YOU ARE READY!
RESIDENTIAL PLUMBING USES
BRADFORD WHITE WATER HEATERS
NAVIEN (tank less)